Wild is a diverse group of casual humans who are excited about creating a positive impact on society through digital design. We are looking for a full-time (40 hours) Technical Director to support our global team working on transforming digital products & services in the areas of healthcare, tourism and social networking. You are an ideal candidate if you meet some of the following requirements:
What you'll do
- Define needs and support planning and management of all technical aspects of our projects
- Lead, guide and support our development team
- Pro actively develop our internal design system and tech stack
- Communicate all the decisions made along the way to your team. Identify critical roadblocks/risks for projects and recommend additional support or steps needed for success.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors and ensure quality control of all written code
- Measure project performance using internal systems, tools and policies.
- Review tickets, bug reports. Organise & plan sprints.
- Responsible for the vision and roadmap of the product as well as ongoing adaptation.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in a technical role
- Familiarity with Figma, Jira, Scrum, Agile
- Hands on experience with React / Next.JS / Typescript / Styled Components as well as RESTful / GraphQL APIs
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- You have an opinion, and are happy to share it
- The voice of reason that guides the team to be focused, cool, calm and driven
But you are more than that…
- You communicate in English with clarity, respect and empathy.
- Experience working with remote teams and different time zones (or at least the willingness and excitement to do so).
- You like working for international clients and on large scale interdisciplinary projects.
- You understand the benefits of diversity in the workplace.
- You approach your work with curiosity, honesty & integrity.
- You are a team player who is not afraid to take on a challenge.
- You strive to develop your craft, working with the team to continuously improve as an individual and as a group.
Remote Workplace - we are a Virtual First company, so you choose where you work from: home, coworking space, or our space in Vienna Half Fridays - every other Friday you get to end your day early and go knit, skateboard, nap; really it's up to you
- Profit Share - everyone who has been with us for at least a year gets to share in our success!
- Education Budget - each employee gets their own budget to spend on whatever form of learning they prefer; online, conference, tutoring, your choice
- Relocation Support - If you fall in love with our Vienna space (who wouldn't) we will help you move to us
- Team events - annual retreats, monthly activities, #donutbreaks, and who know what else
- You can work on global client projects in areas like energy, healthcare, diversity, e-commerce, etc
- You'll work with an extremely talented team like
- Free beer, a foosball table, and a dog to pet (in Vienna)
Still interested? Tell us a bit about yourself and your past work experience. We’re looking forward to meeting you!